Collected Resources for Life in the Time of COVID-19 – Updated May 18
- Overall Harvard FAQs: https://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus
- FAS FAQs: FAS Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
- Social science FAQs: https://socialscience.fas.harvard.edu/COVID-19-FAQs
- College information: https://dso.college.harvard.edu/coronavirus
- College FAQs: https://dso.college.harvard.edu/coronavirusfaq
- GSAS information: https://gsas.harvard.edu/coronavirus
- Research Laboratory Re-Entry Plan: https://provost.harvard.edu/research-laboratory-reentry
For help with online instruction, the Department of Government's point person is Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies George Soroka.
- A guide to creating online content in the Harvard Department of Government
- General advice on remote instruction, pedagogy, and Zoom/Canvas training: https://teachremotely.harvard.edu/
- For faculty and TFs on College classes: https://oue.fas.harvard.edu/resources-faculty
- Bok Center guide on teaching remotely: https://bokcenter.harvard.edu/teaching-remotely
- The APSA's resource guide to online instruction: https://educate.apsanet.org/manage-the-shift-to-online-instruction-durin...
- Remote learning best practices for students: https://learnremotely.harvard.edu/
- HUIT’s working remote site, updated regularly: https://huit.harvard.edu/remote
- Harvard's Academic Resource Center for students: https://academicresourcecenter.harvard.edu/home
- FAS Registrar virtual walk-in office hours: https://registrar.fas.harvard.edu/news/how-contact-our-office-during-cov...
- To contact the Office of Undergraduate Education: email@example.com
- To contact the FAS Academic Technology Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To contact the Bok Center: email@example.com
- From HUIT, best Zoom practices and links to Zoom training: https://harvard.service-now.com/ithelp/ithelp?id=kb_article&sys_id=f8c8bc8adbbeb704dffdbc32ba9619e0
- From HMDC, basic guidelines for Zoom: https://css.iq.harvard.edu/guidelines-faculty-using-zoom
- From HMDC, more details about Zoom and how to use it effectively: https://css.iq.harvard.edu/using-zoom-teaching
- Rules and best practices for recording Zoom sessions: https://harvard.service-now.com/ithelp?id=kb_article&sys_id=6880408bdbab...
- On Zoom security: https://css.iq.harvard.edu/faq/what-zoom-bombing and https://css.iq.harvard.edu/meeting-security-tips
- For secure Zoom sessions, how to enable the Waiting Room tool: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16lYLV6ZVU-3q3N8IpSdBCbXc2f3nr-5oDYffKn8dhgM/edit?usp=sharing
- Tips from OUE on Zoom bombing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aa1gn9uT7yarQ15Mx68rgzsJQ6ngeF8wJzR_hdG-eq8/edit?usp=sharing
- Closed book exams on Zoom: https://gov.harvard.edu/proctoring-closed-book-exam-zoom
- Teaching with multiple time zones: https://gov.harvard.edu/managing-multiple-time-zones
- Processing financial transactions in the Department of Government: Processing financial transactions
Wellbeing and work-life issues
- Harvard University Health Services COVID-19 Information: https://huhs.harvard.edu/about-us/announcements-events/coronavirus-infor....
- Harvard College tips for Mental and Physical Wellbeing: https://dso.college.harvard.edu/mental-and-physical-wellbeing
- Socialize Remotely, a University-wide platform for online campus life: https://socializeremotely.harvard.edu
- The University has instituted a temporary program to help support income-eligible faculty who incur back-up childcare expenses during this period of intense disruption due to COVID-19. Faculty who meet the criteria will be eligible to receive up to $1,500 (before taxes) as reimbursement for back-up childcare expenses. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help with child (or adult) care for graduate students: Care.com. Each PhD student is eligible for a maximum of 10 subsidized days of care per year.